Because we know how much you love your dose of kanin, we’re giving you more reasons to adore the long-favored Pinoy diet staple with these heart-warming bowl from Chef Patrick Go. Get to know how to ace this Agedashi Tofu and Mushroom Rice Bowl!
Preparation time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 20 minutes | Serves 4
- 250 grams firm tofu
- 50 grams cornstarch
- 1 egg white
- 100 grams panko bread crumbs
- vegetable oil for frying, as needed
- 16 pieces dried mushroom
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 800 grams cooked black rice
- salt, to taste
- chopped spring onions, as desired (optional)
FOR THE SAUCE
- 6 tablespoons light soy
- 6 tablespoons mirin
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- To make the agedashi tofu, cut tofu into 2-inch cubes. Dip in cornstarch, egg white, and bread crumbs.
- For the sauce, combine light soy, mirin, grated ginger, and sugar. Simmer until slightly thickened.
- Soak dried mushrooms in warm water for 30 minutes.
- Saute soaked mushroom with oyster sauce.
- Saute sesame oil, onion, garlic, and black rice in a pan until dry.
- To assemble, top with sauteed black rice with fried tofu and sauteed mushroom. Drizzle sauce on top. You can garnish with chopped spring onions.
In need of some more recipe inspirations? Check out this Maruyang Abokado At Chili-Gata Dip!