Guilt-free merienda that’s perfect with almost everything.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Serves 6 to 8
FOR THE CILANTRO LIME DRESSING
2 teaspoons lime juice
1⁄4 cup distilled white vinegar
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1⁄2 cup honey
2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
1 1⁄2 cups sunflower oil
2 teaspoons salt (adjust if needed)
1 teaspoon pepper (adjust if needed)
FOR THE GREENS
1 head romaine, chopped into bite-sized pieces
1 cup kale, chopped into bite-sized pieces
1 cup arugula, chopped into bite-sized pieces
2 cups Lollo Verde, chopped into bite-sized pieces
1 whole avocado, diced
1⁄4 cup corn kernels
1⁄4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
1⁄4 cup grapes or cherry tomato
60 grams roast chicken meat
1⁄2 cup tortilla chips
1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
FOR THE HUMMUS
300 grams boiled or canned chickpeas, drained
2 avocados (500 grams each)
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1⁄2 cup tahini paste
3 teaspoons lemon juice
1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
1⁄2 cup avocado hummus
1⁄4 piece fresh avocado, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon chickpeas, boiled
1 teaspoon sunflower seeds
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
pinch of flakey sea salt
pinch of fresh cilantro, chopped
FOR THE AVOCADO HUMMUS
1. Combine chickpeas, avocados, and garlic in a food processor. Pulse until well-blended.
2. Add tahini paste, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Turn on food processor and pulse until smooth and well-combined. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Place in chiller for about an hour before serving.
3. To assemble, spread avocado hummus on the bottom of the plate. Top with fanned avocado slices, chickpeas, and sunflower seeds. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle some flakey sea salt, then garnish with fresh cilantro. Serve per plate.
FOR THE GREENS
1. For the dressing, mix all ingredients
until well-combined. Place in chiller.
2. Combine romaine, kale, Lollo Verde, and arugula in a mixing bowl. Dress with cilantro lime dressing. Place on a serving plate then top the ingredients on top of the greens.
3. Drizzle with cilantro lime dressing before serving.
You may use a mortar and pestle if a food processor is not present.
Recipe by Chef Robby Goco
Photography by Justin de Jesus
Special thanks to Marvin Catalan and Jasmine Bernales
This recipe was originally published in the April-May 2018 issue of Breakfast Magazine.