This will make any celebration with your beloved pets even more special.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Baking time: 20-25 minutes
1 cup minced fresh salmon or tuna
1⁄2 cup grated carrot
1⁄2 cup grated zucchini
1 large egg
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons canola oil
1⁄4 cup water
1 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
FOR THE ICING
1 large potato
1⁄2 cup water
3⁄4 cup low-fat cream cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350oF.
2. In a bowl, mix together salmon or tuna, carrot, zucchini, egg, honey, oil, and water thoroughly.
3. Sift together and stir in flour and baking powder.
4. Divide batter between two prepared 4-inch pans and bake for about 30 minutes. Cool completely.
5. Fill and frost with potato and cream cheese icing.
6. To make icing, mix potato, water, and cream cheese together until smooth.
Recipe and styling by Chef Mac Flaviano
Photography by Karlo Cadang
This recipe was originally published in the February-March 2018 issue of Breakfast Magazine.