This classic Bacolodnon dish just got a modern twist to make it perfect for hunger on-the-go.
Cooking time: 30 minutes
FOR THE CHICKEN INASAL
50 grams lemongrass, finely chopped
10 mL soy sauce
20 mL annatto oil
15 mL calamansi
3 tablespoons sugar
20 grams garlic, finely chopped
4 pieces chili
1⁄2 kilo chicken breast
FOR THE STUFFING AND WRAPS
10 pieces tortilla wrap
1⁄2 kilo brown rice, cooked
30 grams or 10 leaves lettuce
50 grams tomato
1. In a bowl, mix lemongrass, soy sauce, annatto oil, calamansi, sugar, garlic, and chili. Marinate the chicken breast.
2. Grill chicken breast for 5-8 minutes on each side, depending on size and thickness. Cut into strips.
1. Place tortilla wrap on a flat surface.
2. In a bowl, combine brown rice and chicken inasal strips.
3. lace a lettuce leaf on the tortilla wrap, then layer the tomatoes.
4. Spoon the brown rice mixture over the tortilla wraps. Roll tightly like a cigar and wrap in an aluminum foil or parchment paper.
Recipe by Chef Michelle Adrillana of Flavors on Fire
Photography by Karlo Cadang
Special Thanks to Chester Li
Shot on location at Kuysen Enterprises
This recipe was originally published in the February-March 2019 issue of Breakfast Magazine.