Make your tastebuds melt over the unexpected trifecta that is matcha, mozzarella, and pasta! Trust us, this new discovery will take you by surprise in a good way.
Preparation time: 10 minutes | Cooking time: 20 minutes | Baking time: 10 minutes | Serves 4
- 250 grams penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 100 grams ground chicken
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 piece medium-sized carrot, diced
- 1/2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose cream
- 1/2 teaspoon matcha powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 small can corn kernels
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
1. Cook pasta according to packaging instructions. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 180°C.
3. In a saute pan, heat oil and saute the chicken with onions, celery, and carrots. Add in the flour and mix until flour is cooked. Add the milk and stir.
4. Once the mixture has thickened, add the corn kernels, all-purpose cream, and matcha powder. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Arrange in a baking dish, with the mozzarella on top. Bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese has bubbled. Serve hot.
Need more baked savory matcha-infused recipes? Try out this Matcha Mozza Pocket Pie next!