The perfect sweet and salty treat for chocolate and cheese lovers: Chocolate Tart with Yema Filling and Salted Tablea Ganache and Quez-O Chips.
Preparation Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Baking Time: 10 minutes
Makes 6 pieces 3-inches tarts
16 pieces yema triangles
1/3 cup cream
10 pieces Quez-O chips
Rock salt, for sprinkling
FOR THE CHOCOLATE TART
1 ¼ cups white sugar
2/3 cup all purpose flour
¾ cup cocoa powder
Pinch of salt
½ cup unsalted butter, melted
FOR THE TABLEA GANACHE
¾ cup dark chocolate
¼ cup tablea
¾ cup whipping cream
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Sift sugar, all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, and salt together. Mix in melted butter.
3. Press mixture in tart mold and bake for around 10 minutes until sides are firm.
4. To make the yema filling, melt yema and cream together.
5. Make Quez-O chips by placing them in the microwave until golden brown and crispy.
6. To make the tablea ganache, melt dark chocolate and tablea. Mix in whipping cream and butter with melted chocolate until it comes out glossy.
7. Pour yema filling onto the tart and pipe in the ganache. Chill the tart for 3 hours to overnight until it sets.
8. Sprinkle ganache with rock salt. Garnish with Quez-O chips.
This recipe was originally published in the June-July 2015 issue of Breakfast Magazine.