This is further proof that coconut milk makes everything better.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
400 grams fettuccine noodles
200 grams chicken breast
salt and pepper, to taste
1⁄2 cup butter, salted
1 teaspoon garlic
8 ounces cream cheese
2 cups coconut milk
6 ounces parmesan cheese
pinch of salt
2 tablespoons butter
1. Bring a large pot of water to boil and salt generously. Add pasta and boil according to the package directions until al dente. Strain and toss it with a bit of olive oil to avoid the noodles from sticking.
2. Slice chicken breast into 1⁄4-inch thick strips. Season with salt and pepper. In a skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Once melted, raise heat to medium high and cook chicken until browned and fully cooked through.
3. In the same pot where the chicken was cooked, melt remaining 1⁄2 cup butter and cook with chopped garlic. Add cream cheese in and stir with a wire whisk until smooth. Add coconut milk slowly whisking to smooth out the lumps.
4. Stir in parmesan cheese and salt. Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency. If the sauce becomes too thick, thin out with milk until desired consistency.
5. Toss pasta and chicken in the sauce and mix thoroughly. Garnish with parsley.
Recipe by Chef Kristine Lotilla
Photography by Justin de Jesus
This recipe was originally published in the April-May 2018 issue of Breakfast Magazine.