A verrine dessert of rich flavors and textures, all sweet and succulent.
Preparation Time: 1 hour
Makes 4 glasses
FOR THE COCONUT MOUSSE
1 cup coconut cream
3 pieces egg yolks
¼ cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 sheets gelatin
¾ cup whipped cream
¼ cup coconut flakes
1. In a bowl, bloom gelatin in iced water.
2. In a another bowl, put in yolks and cornstarch.
3. In a pot, boil coconut cream and sugar. Temper yolks mixture in coconut cream mixture while stirring and return to fire to thicken.
4. Remove from fire and add gelatin. Let cool.
5. Whip the cream. Fold in whipped cream in cooled coconut cream mixture.
6. Fold in coconut flakes.
FOR THE PILI NUT BARQUILLOS CRUNCH
½ cup pili nut butter (or peanut butter)
¼ cup white chocolate
½ cup crushed barquillos
1. Melt white chocolate.
2. Add pili nut butter.
3. Mix in crushed barquillos.
FOR THE GARNISH
Fresh mint leaves
1. Pour the coconut mousse on a glass.
2. Top with the barquillos crunch. Pour another layer of the coconut mousse.
3. Top with the peanut brittle.
4. Garnish with fresh mango slices, dried mangoes, crispy merngue and mint leaves.
This recipe was originally published in the June-July 2015 issue of Breakfast Magazine.