Salads are one of the most common dishes you’ll see in a healthy diet. They’re low in calories and contain wholesome ingredients like vegetables and fruits. Sometimes, however, they can be a bit bland especially if you’re eating them regularly. Try this novel salad idea from Chef Kalel Chan to perk up your salad days.
Preparation time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 10 minutes | Serves 1 to 2
- 30mL sinigang mix, mixed with water
- 20mL honey
- 1 gram siling labuyo, chopped
- 50 grams green papaya, finely julienned
- 30 grams pomelo
- 10 grams snake beans, chopped
- 1 green cabbage, wedged
- 5 grams local tomato, julienned
- 1 gram shallots
- 1 gram peanuts, chopped
- 4 Alaminos longganisa skewers, grilled
- 1 gram mint leaves
- Combine the sinigang mix, honey and chopped sili. Mix well.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the other ingredients, and pour in the sinigang dressing.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves and siling labuyo.
Craving for pizza? Check out this recipe!