Made with four types of cheeses, this is a heaven-sent dish to all cheese and pasta lovers across the globe.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Baking Time: 5 minutes
1 kilogram macaroni, cooked according to packaging instructions
100 grams bacon bits
150 grams Quickmelt cheese
FOR THE SAUCE
25 grams all-purpose flour
30 grams butter
37.5 grams white onions, chopped
2 grams cloves
Pinch of nutmeg
2 pieces bay leaves
310 ml milk
190 ml culinary cream
100 grams Quickmelt cheese
50 grams Emmental cheese
50 grams Monterey jack cheese
50 grams Gruyére cheese
1. In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
2. Add milk, cream, onions, cloves, nutmeg, and bay leaves.
3. Bring mixture to a boil or until thick. Remove onions, clove, and bay leaf.
4. Add all the cheeses until melted.
5. Mix macaroni with the cheese sauce.
6. Transfer into an ovenproof dish and top with Quickmelt cheese and bacon bits. Bake in a 375º F oven for 3 to 5 minutes or until topped cheese melts.
This recipe was originally published in the October-November 2015 issue of Breakfast Magazine.