Being the talk of the town now for a few years and counting, the matcha still reigns supreme to this day. It’s even perfect for spicing up those classic baked goodies you’ve grown to love. Case in point: the Mozza Pocket Pie.
Preparation time: 10 minutes | Baking time: 10 minutes | Serves 4
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon matcha powder
- 1/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 chicken burger patties
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
1. Preheat oven at 200° C. In a bowl, mix flour, white sugar, salt, and matcha powder until well-incorporated. Add the unsalted butter and knead until it resembles coarse bread crumbs. Add the milk and turn in the food processor for about 10 seconds.
2. Roll the dough into a ball, wrap it in cling film, and let it rest in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the burger pattied and the mozzarella.
4. After resting the dough in the fridge, roll until thin and cut into your desired shape. Place the burger patty mixture on top of the cut dough, and add more mozzarella if desired. Cover the top part with an identical piece of dough and brush the dough with egg wash.
5. Bake for 15 minutes and serve warm.
Chef’s Note: To make the egg wash, combine egg and water.
Need more matcha in your life? Check out how to make these Black Matcha Brownies next!