This French classic just got a Pinoy upgrade!
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
12 pieces otap
FOR THE BARAKO SYRUP
1 cup brewed barako coffee
¼ cup sugar
FOR THE BARAKO CREAM CHEESE WHIPPED CREAM
1 pack (250 grams) cream cheese
¾ cup whipping cream
¼ cup powdered sugar
¼ cup barako syrup
1. To make the barako syrup, brew a cup of barako coffee. Mix in sugar until it melts.
2. Whip cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add barako syrup and mix.
3. In another bowl, whip whipping cream and powdered sugar. Whip until stiff in consistency.
4. Fold in cream cheese mixture to whipped cream mixture.
1. Brush one side of the otap with barako syrup. Pipe a generous amount of the barako cream cheese whipped cream and sprinkle with chocnut crumbs. Repeat twice to form three layers of the otap.
2. Freeze for 30 minutes to set and make it stand on the side.
3. Pipe the remaining barako cream cheese whipped cream on top of the otap layer. Finish with chocnut crumbs and cocoa nibs.
This recipe was originally published in the June-July 2015 issue of Breakfast Magazine.